Cakes have always been a part of our celebrations. A birthday event is incomplete without a delicious creamy cake. But what if you are traveling on a train on your special day? Did you know that you can celebrate your birthday on the train journey? Usually, bakeries deliver the cake to your homes, office, or restaurants but now IRCTC has taken a new and welcoming step.
It has decided to celebrate birthdays on the train; Tejas Express for now. The railway personnel will bring you the cake on your seat and arrange a small cake cutting ceremony for you. Furthermore, passengers can place an online order for cake on the train other than Tejas Express to celebrate birthdays from the e catering app.
Can We Celebrate Birthday on Trains Other than Tejas Express?
For placing online cake orders in other trains, E-Catering App is by far the most reliable and trustworthy player on the market. It has partnered with FSSAI- approved restaurants in 600+ cities. Its work ethic is what distinguishes it as one of the top food delivery train applications. Its cake delivery services are perfect for making your/your loved ones’ birthdays memorable on the train.
How to Order Cake in Train?
Can we order a cake on the train? It is a common query everyone has as their celebrating birthdays on train with a cake was a dream. But now, thanks to the E-Catering app & IRCTC, which introduced ordering cake on train for birthday celebrations. It requires following only a few steps and you will get it delivered directly to your seat.
Order Cake in Train via e-catering App:
- Download the E-Catering App from Google Play Store/App Store
- Enter the PNR number or train number you are traveling
- Enter your date of Journey and click the order now button.
- Select the cake of your choice and get it customized if you want.
- Choose the mode of payment
- Submit other travel information required
- Get your cake delivered directly to your seat and enjoy the birthday.
Other Ways to order Cake in Train:
- To order a cake, visit the official website of the e-catering app.
- Contact the helpdesk at 8102202203 and our representatives will be glad to help you.
- Send a WhatsApp message to the number provided.
- Visit our contact us page and fill out the form. We will respond as quickly as possible.
- Tag us on social media with your cake order and wait for us to deliver it right to your seat/berth.
Which cake is best to order on the train?
As far as the taste of the cake is concerned, every individual has their own preference. Pointing out some particular cake as the best in taste can be a difficult task. So, we have brought to you a list that will help you order cake online on the train:
1. Chocolate Cake:
Whenever we talk about cakes, chocolate cake is the first thing that comes to mind. It is one of the most trending flavors with different varieties; Chocolate Fudge Cake, Chocolate Mug Cake, Chocolate Lava Cake, Chocolate Truffle Cake etc.
Chocolate is an irresistible flavor liked by people of all ages. So if you are also someone who is fond of chocolate cakes, order online from the e-catering app and get it delivered via the contactless delivery system.
2. Vanilla Cake:
The vanilla cake flavor is the second most popular cake flavor. This cake has a soft, fluffy crumb, and it is moist and delicious at the same time. Fruit Funfetti Vanilla Cake, Ambrosial Vanilla Syrup Cake, Black Forest Vanilla Cake, and Vanilla Cupcake are some of the popular flavors when placing an order for cake online on the train.
3. Red Velvet Cake:
Red Velvet cake, apart from its taste also attracts people’s attention because of its beautiful maroon color. It is a popular staple in the southern United States. Apparently, it is a vanilla cake with some cocoa powder and red food coloring. Buttermilk and vinegar add some acid to the batter. These two ingredients offer a bit of tangy flavor that levels out the traditional sweet cream cheese-butter frosting. The cake crumb is exceedingly fine, delicate, and silky making it one of the tastiest cakes.
4. Fruit Cake:
Fruit cake is a dense mixture of candied/dried fruit, nuts, and spices. Layered cake with chocolate, vanilla sponge, and a hefty topping of chopped fruit gives it an attractive appearance. It is one of the best flavors for vegetarians. The fruit’s sweet-sour flavor enhances its delectability.
5. Rasmalai Cake:
Rasmalai is a well-known Indian dessert among many of us. And on the same concept, Rasmalai Cake is gaining popularity these days. It’s one of the delectable desserts with an Indian twist. So, the next time you want to get online cake delivery on the train, go for Rasmalai cake.
Precautions to Take While Celebrating Birthday in Train
Although there are no formal guidelines for birthday celebrations on Indian Railways, there are certain rules to follow as a precaution for a safe celebration. So, for any celebration or cake cutting, follow the below-given steps and make this birthday a memorable one:
- Carrying a cake on a moving train can be challenging because trains are always overcrowded with passengers. There is always the possibility of messing up and falling. So, make sure that you handle the cake with care.
- Do not carry any substance that can endanger passengers like crackling candles or cake crackers. They are not permitted aboard by Indian Railways. In addition, birthday decoration items are not permitted onboard trains.
- After the outbreak of COVID-19, social distancing has become an essential part of our daily lives. Remember to maintain a safe distance from your fellow passengers. Avoid touching things and sanitize your belongings frequently.
There are various online caterers that take online food orders from rail passengers. However, the prime motive for passengers while traveling is food quality and hygiene. And so, when looking for the best app for birthday cake delivery on the train, E-Catering App is the sole answer.
It not only offers top cake delivery services on railway. But also allows you to customize the order if necessary.
The cake is a type of baked sugary food made from flour, sugar, and other components. At ceremonial events such as weddings, anniversaries, and birthdays, the cake is frequently offered as celebratory food.
Apart from that, if you’re traveling during the rainy season, you can also order monsoon special cuisine on the train. Enjoy nature’s beauty with yummy foods on your seat.
So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and download the app or visit our official website. Start ordering cakes and surprise your loved ones with a beautiful birthday celebration on the wheels. For now, the IRCTC has allowed birthday celebrations only on Tejas express train and planning to expand it to other train categories. Till then, keep ordering all from the e-catering app, your train food partner.