Securing a confirmed ticket in the fast-paced world of travel might be challenging. There are times when all of a sudden, the need to visit another place arises. In such a case, many travellers have faced the disappointment of waiting for a confirmed ticket only to find that the seats have been filled after chart preparations.
In this blog, we will explore how to get a confirmed ticket even after chart preparation and how to increase your chances of booking a confirmed ticket. You can get your seat confirmed and have a hassle-free journey by ordering food in train from the E Catering app powered by RailRestro.
What is Chart Preparation?
Before booking a ticket, it is essential to know what chart preparation is. 'Charting' or 'chart preparation' refers to the procedure through which seats from the other quotas are allocated to the General or Tatkal quota. The first chart is prepared four hours prior to the scheduled departure time of the train. It shows the status of all confirmed and RAC (Reservation Against Cancellation) tickets. The second or final chart is prepared thirty minutes before the departure of the train. It consists of the updated status of available seats.
With the digitalisation in Indian Railways, passengers can now book a ticket after the final chart preparation without visiting the station or consulting the TTE. There are now high chances that passengers with unreserved tickets can get a confirmed seat by referring to chart vacancy.
Why is it Important to Check the Final Chart Before Booking a Confirmed Ticket?
Checking the final chart before booking a confirmed ticket is important for multiple reasons. Some of them are :
The final chart displays the current seat availability status on a particular train. Before booking a ticket, it is necessary to know if there are any available seats. If the chart indicates that the train is already full, booking a ticket at that time would be of no use, and you may need to explore alternative options. You can check seat availability n other online apps like RailMitra.
The final chart displays the updated status of your ticket. If your tickets initially are on Waiting List (WL) or Reservation Against Cancellation (RAC), they might change as other passengers cancel or modify their bookings. The final chart will show the updated confirmation status of your ticket, and hence it is necessary to check before travelling by train.
Knowing the final chart status helps in planning your journey efficiently. If your ticket is confirmed, you can proceed confidently with other tasks, knowing you have a reserved seat. On the other hand, if it remains on the waiting list, you might have to look for alternatives or consider different travel dates.
How to Check Seat Availability After Chart Preparation Online?
Once the chart is prepared, the vacant seats are displayed for booking. The new feature to check the chart vacancy on online apps like IRCTC enables you to see the number of available berths after the chart preparation. The passengers can easily check the chart vacancy and confirm their tickets before the train departs. Here is a list of a few steps to check the seat availability after the chart preparation online for the last minute travellers :
- Visit the official website of IRCTC.
- Click on the section of 'Charts/ Vacancy.'
- Enter the details like the date or class of travel, train's name, train number, boarding station etc.
- Press the 'Get Train Chart' button.
- A reservation chart will appear on the screen where you can
- Select the preferred quota and class and check the vacant berth and coach numbers.
Other Ways to Check Seat Availability After Chart Preparation
After chart preparation, you can check the vacant seat by visiting the reservation counters or consulting the TTE. You need to go to the nearest railway reservation counter to inquire about the availability of seats after chart preparation.
Essential Tips to Keep in Mind While Booking Tickets After Chart Preparation
Here are some important tips to follow before booking tickets after the chart has been prepared :
After the final chart preparation, the seats are limited and get booked very quickly. You must be quick and ready with all your travel details and payment requirements to book your ticket as soon as the availability opens.
Flexible Travel Plans
Having flexibility in your travel dates or considering travelling in a different class to increase your chances of finding available seats is a better option to have a hassle-free journey.
Check Alternate Routes
If you have booked a direct train for your destination and the seat is full, check for connecting trains or alternate routes that might have berth availability.
Utilise Authorised Agents
If you face any issues or are unable to book tickets online, consider using the services of authorised travel agents who may have access to additional quotas or information about last-minute cancellations.
Order Delicious Food of Your Choice While Travelling by Train
Train journeys are boring and incomplete if you don't have your favourite food. If you are craving your favourite food while journeying by train, several online apps like E-Catering, RailRestro, Food on Track etc., are at your rescue. You can order your favourite food on the train from the E-catering app and enjoy your meal. E-catering offers :
- Delicious and hygienic food for your journey prepared in renowned restaurants by FSSAI-approved food partners.
- A plethora of cuisines, from popular regional dishes to international cuisines. Whether you require dessert, snacks, North Indian, Mughlai, South Indian, Chinese or any other variety of dishes, we have it for you.
- Prompt delivery services with the help of our real-time tracking system. We deliver your meals on time without troubling you to leave your seat or step off the train.
How to Order Food in Train Online After Getting a Confirmed Ticket?
Ordering food on train is easier with the E-catering services. You just need to follow the given steps to get your meals delivered to your seat :
- Install the E-catering app or visit the official website.
- Select order food in train.
- Enter the train details or the PNR number. However, if you enter the train details, you must enter the PNR number while placing the order.
- After entering the details, press "Order Now". Details of your train journey and a list of stations where you want your food to be delivered will appear on the screen.
- Go through the menu of your preferred restaurant and select your favourite food items you want to have on your journey.
- Place the selected items in the cart and click "Continue". You can see the price and also apply any offers to get discounts on your order.
- Choose the online or offline payment mode to make the payment and wait while we deliver your food to your allotted seat.
Booking confirmed tickets after chart preparation by Indian Railways requires a bit of planning, flexibility, and quick action. By understanding the chart preparation process, exploring alternative quotas, and utilising premium trains, you can improve your chances of securing confirmed tickets. Despite booking tickets after the final chart preparation being uncertain, you can secure a seat for your journey with persistence and quick action.
To make your journey more enjoyable, order food in train from the E-catering app and relish your favourite meals.