The festival of lights is quickly approaching. And a majority of Indian households must be busy preparing treats for Diwali. In India, a festival celebration is never complete without delicious cuisines. An extensive range of customary dishes are prepared and consumed all across the country on Diwali.
Have you been searching for an inexpensive and trusted online meal-ordering service for your train trip this Diwali? You need not search for one anymore. The E-catering app allows train travellers to place orders for freshly prepared meals on board. Moreover, you’ll have it delivered to your seats during the train ride.
Read more about the Diwali celebration and how you can indulge in Diwali special food on train at discounted prices.
Diwali: A Quick Overview
Diwali honours the victory of goodness over wickedness, wisdom over ignorance, and light over darkness. Legend has it that Ram returned to Ayodhya after overpowering Ravana, symbolising the triumph of good over evil. Some people believe that the new moon is the goddess Lakshmi’s birthday. Many people, especially the businessmen, follow the tradition of offering prayers to goddess Lakshmi and Lord Ganesh on the Diwali eve.
On the third day(Amavasya or the darkest day) of the Hindu lunar calendar month of Kartika, people all around the world celebrate the festival of Diwali. Even though it is primarily a Hindu celebration, followers of other faiths (such as the Sikhs and the Jains) also observe a similar holiday. Diwali is observed by lighting up “Diyas” or candles around peoples’ abodes and offices. Youngsters burn firecrackers as a token of warding off evil forces from their surroundings.
Some Popular Diwali Food & Snacks
- Gajar (carrot) Halwa and Pumpkin Halwa are two examples of Halwa. They are both commonly created by cooking grated vegetables in ghee, sugar, and milk/condensed milk until they become tender, sweet, and thick. Almonds and cardamom are common flavourings.
- Laddu (or Laddoo) are little ball-shaped sweets formed using flour, ghee or oil, sugar, and sometimes nuts or fruit like raisins. Chickpea flour is a typical alternative to wheat flour.
- Barfi is a type of fudge, another well-liked, mouthwatering treat preferred by most sweet lovers. Condensed milk is the secret ingredient of barfi.
- Gulab Jamun is a big hit among people with a sweet tooth. It is typically consumed with sweet syrup or Milk Rabri.
- Kheer is a rice pudding dessert commonly flavoured with cardamom, raisins, almonds, and saffron, which are also on offer. Also you can order diwali special recipes in train for a flavorful journey.
Place an In-Train Food Order with the E-Catering App
In a moment of crisis, finding a reputable and appropriate e-catering partner for rail food delivery on the train can be a hassle for passengers. E-catering.app has you covered with all the necessary online meal ordering resources, including food type, cost preference, location choice, and applicable discounts. Get the app on Android and iOS.
- After signing in, you’ll need to input the PNR or your train number.
- Pick your food items from the drop-down menu and opt for the station name.
- Put your order in the cart.
- You can make the payment via cash on delivery (COD) or online.
- When the train pulls into your chosen station, you’ll have your meal handed over to you.
Best Online Meal Service on Train
The E-catering app is a web-based catering service that satisfies hungry travellers on the train. It’s the best option for people looking to avoid the unpleasant food items offered by the pantry car. This app makes ordering your preferred meal easier with a few taps. Most passengers like to prearrange their meals on trains because of the many advantages stated below:
- Delicious and safe food orders online for train trips
- A wide selection of delicious foods on the menu
- Hassle-free contactless delivery experiences are guaranteed
- Incredible deals and cashback rewards for consumers
Special Diwali Deals and Other Discounts on E-catering.app
During festive seasons, extremely high passenger volumes are a norm on the Indian Railway trains. Incentives like cash back, discounts, and freebies make customers happy and more likely to use authorised IRCTC e- catering services on trains. Download the e-catering food app, an online catering app, that offers exceptional discounts to travellers on food vouchers for train trips. You can incur substantial savings on your food order with discount coupons on this superb app.
Relish delicacies and exclusive discounts on your train food orders during Diwali. Here are some special discount codes.
- Add some glitz to your trip with Rs. 50 off your meal order when you use the promo code DIWALI at checkout.
- To satisfy your hunger without breaking the bank, use the promo code PREBOOK when placing your food order on the train for a 15% discount.
- Using the coupon code MYGROUP, you may save up to 15% on your next group order worth Rs.1500 or more.
- Use the coupon code FREE at checkout for additional savings on your food delivery.
If you’re thinking of organising a train trip and the thought of eating pantry food makes you cringe, it’s time to download an e-catering app. So you can feast on delicious meals the whole way. As an added convenience, you may schedule a future delivery of your meal and have it arrive at your chosen location. With the E-catering app on the train and enjoy a meal while you sit back and relax with your loved ones. Timely, secure food order delivery is guaranteed on this online platform.
Read More Food Travel Related Blogs: