In India, millions of passengers travel by train every day making it one of the busiest rail networks in the world. For many of us, it is the most preferred mode of transport because of many reasons:
- There is no need to arrive two hours early as is required when flying to complete all security check-ins.
- There is enough space to sit and relax, and even lie down if necessary.
- Enough space to keep the luggage and keep an eye on it.
- You can soak in the scenery and admire the natural beauty.
Another interesting aspect of rail travel is the food. Exploring local foods from different railway stations and pantry cars has always been a memorable part of our train journeys. If you want to make this food memory even more interesting, start ordering food online on the train from the E Catering app and enjoy your journey.
How Does Online Food in Train System Work?
- The user submits a food order in train request by giving her or his PNR number or train name or number. That request is forwarded to our backend team for approval.
- The order is accepted for further processing once the cross-checking of the PNR number and verification of the passenger’s data are done.
- E-catering delivers an order notification to the station’s restaurant partner. Another notification is sent to the customer indicating that the order has been accepted.
- After receiving order details, the restaurant verifies the order by calling the passenger about the order.
- Food preparation then begins in a clean and hygienic kitchen.
- Our delivery agent then takes the properly packed order and leaves for delivery.
What Are the Benefits of Ordering Food Online in Train?
Even after so many complaints by the passengers, no serious step has been taken yet, to improve the quality of food served in train pantries. Due to this, travellers rather prefer carrying home-cooked with them as a safe alternative. In most cases, they would rather prefer staying hungry or depend on snacks or fruits instead of having an unhealthy meal.
However, when travellers order using the e-catering app , they receive numerous benefits that address all of their food concerns while on the journey.
1. Contactless Delivery:
Contactless delivery is a new delivery system that has achieved enormous popularity as a result of the strict social distancing laws imposed by the government as a result of the rise in coronavirus cases. This system is now also being used during food deliveries on the train by the online catering service providers.
Here, the e-catering app’s delivery agents make sure that the food is delivered without any physical touch directly to the passenger’s seat.
2. Temperature Check:
The temperature of all the kitchen staff and delivery agents is done on a regular basis. This makes sure that food is prepared in a healthy and hygienic environment.
To make passengers feel safe, the app also informs consumers about the temperature of the delivery person and whether or not they are vaccinated so that they can be sure that they are not exposed to any vulnerability or health risk
3. Hygienic Food:
Food is prepared by our partner restaurants that are FSSAI-approved and so this ensures that the food quality is not compromised. Food is cooked in a clean and hygienic kitchen by following all the health safety measures. This process makes sure that you get delicious and fresh food from top restaurants directly to your seat when your train reaches the station.
4. Safe Packaging:
The food is well cooked and well-packed while adhering to all the safety rules and criteria, ensuring that clients receive their meals hot, safe, and hygienic. It is given in properly sealed containers with no leakage, allowing consumers to enjoy their favourite foods without the fear of spills for a pleasurable eating experience.
5. Online Payment Method:
In current uncertain times, the exchange of cash poses a significant risk of Covid infection. But when ordered via the online catering system, customers can order their meals in advance and pay online using credit or debit cards, or digital wallets. Furthermore, it saves time, especially in stations where the train stops for a short period and helps to minimize the issue of getting the change.
6. Multiple cuisine options:
You only have a limited number of food selections in a pantry car. However, if you want to order meals online with the e-catering app, you will have plenty of alternatives from the delicacies featured on our website.
We have partnerships with top restaurants that serve a variety of foods, ensuring that all the passengers are satisfied with our service. Biryani, Pizza, Veg and Non-Veg Thali, North Indian, South Indian, Chinese, Jain Food and other options are available.
How to Place the order via the e-catering app?
STEP 1: Visit the official website of the e-catering app
STEP 2: You can “Order by entering your 10-digit PNR number or “Order via entering your Train Name or Number along with the Boarding Date.
STEP 3: Select the station where you want to receive your food on the train.
STEP 4: A list of restaurants and menus will appear from where you can choose your favourite food items.
STEP 5: Pay online by Credit card, Debit card, Net Banking or digital wallets or choose “Cash on Delivery.”
STEP 6: Relax and wait at your seat where your food order will be delivered on time.
How to place an order via calling?
- Call the e-catering app Customer Care using the Toll-Free Number 8102202203 to communicate your details and place your food order.
- You will receive a confirmation message. You can track your food order by entering the Order ID on the Track Food Order Status page of the e-catering app.
- Your food will be served on time to your seat.
- Pay cash at the time of delivery and enjoy your meal on the train.
So, when you plan your next trip, save yourself from carrying an extra bag for food and place an order for online food delivery from the e-catering app and make your journey delightful with restaurant-style foods on your seat.